Tuesday, March 17, 2009

grandma julie's treasure chest

i'm sure many of you out there can relate when i say that i like to collect stuff. there are the family heirlooms which have been handed down to me from great grandparents and great-great grandparents. there are things i've bought at auctions and flea markets over the years. i have cherished items that my daughter and i bought together when she was little, things my hubbie or kids gifted me and of course the odd ball item or two whose origin is quite fuzzy. i recall many hours as a child admiring my grandma j's and grandma farmer's pretty dishes. a few of those items are mine today. i so look forward to my granddaughters oohing and aahing over my pretty keepsakes as well. and so the collecting continues, the legacy plays on as i gather a treasure-trove of lovelies in this oak china cupboard. this is the first of what i hope to be a regular feature on this blog called grandma julie's treasure chest. each tuesday i'll give you a sneak peek into the chest and share a special memory . i hope you'll join me.

6 comments:

lori vliegen said...

tuesdays it is! i love treasures and special memories! can't wait...and i'll even bring chocolate to share! :)

steviewren said...

It sounds like a fun feature. I want to know what is in Grandma Julie's chest!

Artist Unplugged said...

That will be interesting!!! I have lots of furniture and dishes as well and hope my children will appreciate it later on. Look forward to reading about yours.

cindy : quaint said...

this is going to be so much fun!

Betsy said...

Ooooh...I'll look forward to Tuesdays! What a fun idea!

Artist Unplugged said...

Heeellllloooooo, check my site, I have given you an award!