i was tagged twice this week so i'm going to combine the two tags into one post. first, i was tagged by the charm school dropout and then by hope tree studio, both lovely ladies with lovely blogs that i enjoy reading every day. here are the rules:
1. link back to the person who tagged you (see the link above).
2. post these rules on your blog.
3. share six unimportant things about yourself.
4. tag six people at the end of your entry.
here are the six totally trivial, unimportant and somewhat weird things about me:
1. when i was young(er) i could fit my entire folded fist into my mouth. today, not so much!
2. in high school i was sent home twice for wearing skirts which were deemed too short. hey! it was the 60's and the mini skirt era. being a rebel was expected.
3. when bored i play a little word game in my head where i take words and divide them up into groups of 2, 3, 4 or so letters. for instance the word magnificence can be broken into 4 groups of 3, 3 groups of 4, 2 groups of six, etc. i have no idea how this started but in conversation i often am playing this game in my head when someone says a word with a lot of letters.
4. i have a small fear of heights and a bigger fear of drowning. the thought of flying over the ocean is quite daunting to me.
5. i love the sound of birds twittering in the morning, the sound of rain pattering in the evening and the sound of my dog presley snoring in the night.
6. i almost always have a bit of chocolate or some cookies hidden away in my art room for an "emergency".
7. the weirdest job i ever had was as a photographic negative retoucher (before the days of photoshop!!).
8. i was a single parent for 18 years and raised my two children pretty much single-handedly. if i live to be 150, win the nobel prize for literature, cure cancer or become a famous artist, none of these accomplishments could ever compare to the satisfaction of having raised two wonderful, loving human beings who are productive members of society, who give back to the world every day. they are my greatest legacy!
okay, so that was more than 6. i'm a rebel, remember?!!
here are my six tags:
alas my dear
the above art is my blue lagoon crane mixed media collage which hangs in my master bathroom, a peaceful reminder of nature and where i want to be on the weekends!
have a great weekend, my blog friends!!