Wednesday, June 11, 2008

sing merry birds!

as i sit reading e-mails and checking out all of your blogs, i can hear birds happily chirping in the back yard. they are gathered around the two thistle seed feeders we have hanging off the fence. two hybrid honeysuckle vines are growing up the lattice behind the feeders so the little birds have such a colorful backdrop for their dining pleasure. it is such a joy to have such a good bird presence in a suburban neighborhood.

the above mixed media collage is titled "sing, merry birds" and can be seen in my etsy shop.

i'm off to fill the bird feeders and stretch my legs with dear presley!

peace, love, joy!

11 comments:

Strider said...

Every time I call my boss at his office, I can hear birds "chirping". I think it is a program on his computer, but, it is truly comforting.

Tess Kincaid said...

Sounds like you are having a pleasant evening, Julie.

Lovely collage.

Auburn Kat said...

I love listening to birds chirping, my cats really enjoy it too! =)

Cindy said...

the collage is a beauty and i can almost hear the birds chirping.

painted fish studio said...

i didn't realize how much i missed chirping until hearing it at 4:30am. you'd think that'd make me a bit cranky, but it was comforting. in the last month, i've been very diligent in keeping my bird feeders full, to keep the little guys around!

Simply Sentimental said...

I love this piece of art...the red birds are just beautiful and remindme of the cardinals I have in my back yard...I just love your work...

Regi S. said...

I love your work :) I want to try collage and was looking for inspiration, thank you :)

Bobbi said...

Lovely work!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are almost a neighbor. I saw your comment on my blog today and wondered whereabouts you might live and discovered Englewood. A place that was tiny or teeny when we moved to Brookville in 1962. Brookville was "the" big place to be in them days and Englewood, hard to believe now, was route 40 through town and across the dam and that was it. Before K-mart.

Heather said...

my goodness this is a beautiful collage! Such movement, you can almost hear them singing! Beautiful!~~

XUE said...

another pretty creation, julie! i always enjoy coming here to see your work!