Tuesday, January 27, 2009

cafe mocha


what a good night to snuggle up in pajamas with a good book, a warm blanket and a cup of mocha!! i have zero ambition tonight. i was home with a flu bug yesterday and going to work today wore me out. over the weekend i finished the above piece -- a commission for a co-worker to give to his wife for her birthday. she has her kitchen decorated in french country and i think this will fit right in there.

i'm working on my etsy shop update -- lots of notecards and prints. i'm hoping to get it into the shop by this weekend. stay tuned!

my pajamas and a cup of tea are calling my name so i'll sign off with a "keep warm and happy dreams!"

9 comments:

lori vliegen said...

oh boy, your friend is going to be a total hero for giving this to his wife for her birthday!! it's absolutely fabulous!! bundle up and take care...hope you're feeling 100% tomorrow! :)

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

I agree with lori. Your friend will be so happy with this work. I love it. I'm sorry you are feeling bad and hope you are on the mend soon. Rest and stay warm.

Tess Kincaid said...

What a wonderfully unique birthday gift. Clever husband, indeed. Your header always makes me smile!

Betsy Brock said...

Feel better! Yes, we are getting hit by some yucky weather...perfect for snuggling with tea and pj's!

Megan Coyle said...

I like this one--coffee is always such a fun subject. Makes me want to go grab a cup of coffee since it's getting so cold here :)

Good luck with all your Etsy shop work! I really need to get it together and start making more minis for mine.

Martha Lever said...

I really like this one!!! Hope you are feeling better!

Maybe Presley is short enough where Bucky would be friends with him. Bet so!

Cindy said...

hope you feel better ... lovely piece.

Susan said...

Oh merci Julie for the creative commiseration !! how lovely to not feel so odd ... or to bask in the company of other odd-lings. I have really enjoyed my latest great book Middlesex and highly recommend it and please ! Miss D and I both send many kisses and sweet hugs to Dear Presley. xo S.

ps. The prints of your work will be a great hit ... I'm sure of it.

Peggy said...

Great piece. The colors are glorious... my favorite! By the way, your header just rocks, Julie! :-)