Wednesday, January 7, 2009
one of the promises i made to myself when i started blogging was that i keep things on the upbeat. i've always been a glass-more-than-half-full kind of girl and that was the attitude i wanted to spread in my blog. as my grandfather used to say, "if you don't have something nice to say, just don't say anything." so what a treat it was when i had an e-mail this morning from brenda saying she had given me the "lemonade award", an award based on displaying great attitude or gratitude. what a treat to have my efforts at spreading a bit of sunshine and cheer validated. thanks, brenda, you made my day! brenda is new to blogging and she is off to a fantastic start. please stop over and say hello!
so on to the nuts and bolts of this award:
• i'm including the lemonade award logo in this post and also in my sidebar
• the rules call for nominating 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude. more on that below
• when i list my nominees, i'll link to their blogs so you can go check them out and get a nice dose of mega "tude"
• i'll meander over to each of my nominee's blogs to personally hand over the award (via a comment, of course)
• i'm linking to brenda's blog (in 3 places!) as a special thanks to her for thinking of me!
if you're an ongoing reader of my blog you'll know that i am a bit of a rebel and enjoy breaking the rules a bit. so, i'm choosing to nominate only three:
susan at 29 black street is a very special read for me. her daily monologue is touching, endearing, funny and always one i can totally relate to. she's been on a soul-searching journey over the last year or so and her willingness to share her personal travels with us makes her a winner in both the attitude and gratitude areas.
donna at donna's art shares her love of the simple life -- her pets, her family, her art and her love of beautiful things in her blog. a visit there delights the senses and makes me smile.
farmerjulie's blog is chock-full of delightful photos, flower arrangements, her pets and most of all her pottery!! upbeat and happy describe julie's blog and i enjoy the feeling that i've returned to my childhood country home when i go there.
take care and enjoy making your own lemonade!
Posted by julie king at 6:55 PM