Sunday, February 20, 2011

hooked on art


i found these cute hooks at hobby lobby and bought them with no idea where or how i would use them. last weekend i was noodling how to fill an empty space on my dining room wall and voila! this idea came to me. first i added some extra color via fluid acrylics to the face of each of the hooks. then i hung them on the wall via velcro sticky back tabs. looove these tabs so much! then i sorted thru all the small art pieces i've been collecting for the past few years. i selected one piece by flor larios, one by courtney p and one by cori. i spray mounted decorative scrapbook paper onto a heavy piece of mounting board then added the print to the face of that. the ribbons are glued to the back of the board.

i have so many creative projects in the works and hope to finish at least a couple of them today. i'm still driving back and forth to dayton to work every week day and never miss an opportunity to take a nap or two on the weekends to catch up on my rest. soooo, it will be a nice mixture of rest and play.

i hear it raining out my art room window. i guess i'll be walking my girlie girls bella and zoe in the rain today. thank goodness it isn't snow!! 

2 comments:

flor larios said...

Thank you so much Julie for appreciating my art! They look so cute...what a great idea!

Teresa aka Tess said...

This is a very nice display. And you can switch it up any time you feel like. I love Willows big ears. I'm a cat person but your little girlies are cute.