Thursday, March 4, 2010

hello blog!!




hello, blog! i’ve missed you! i’ve been on a little hermitage lately often thinking about blogging but there’s been a little voice in my head whispering you got nothin’. maybe i just needed a break. maybe i’ve had a bit of the winter blues. maybe i’ve just been lazy and too happy and comfortable reading and snuggling with the puppies. whatever the reason, i’m itching to get back into the blogging saddle. thanks to those of you who sent messages asking if i was ok. it meant a lot!!

today the sun is out and the temperature is rising.  birds were singing outside my window as i awoke this early morning. snow is quickly melting and i’m seeing tiny buds on the trees. big sigh!!

the photo is a combination of three photos i took last summer. the cute girl in yellow is my granddaughter jenna. she was so cooperative when I asked her to pose with a dandelion. i wrote the poem with a strong yearning for the summer sun!

13 comments:

Martha Lever said...

Hi Julie! Missed you! This is wonderful!!!!

Christine said...

welcome back, Julie! Cute pic with your granddaughter.

steviewren said...

I was just wondering about you last night and hoping no more disasters had befallen you or hubby.

I like this new collage you put together. I has the hopefulness of a spring day.

Manon said...

Hey Julie!! Welcome back! Love this piece.
I sometimes think I need a blogger break! You were wise to do it!!

Unknown said...

Incredible!
Missed you not blogging!

Bee said...

I absolutely love that photograph. SO clever of you, and just really, really lovely.

I've been a bit off blogging this winter, too. Low physical and mental energy, yes; and sometimes it's just nicer to lose yourself in reading.

lori vliegen said...

so glad you took some much deserved time for yourself.......and so glad to see you back in blogland!! your artwork is exquisite, julie, and so special with that sweet photo of jenna!! :))

Kelly Warren said...

very pretty Julie! Nice to have you back! :-)

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

The photo and words are perfect. I have been visited by the birds singing their song and also buds on the trees...no matter Spring will be here full out very soon! Welcome back!

Cindy said...

thought of you and glad you're ok. love the collage. enjoy your weekend, julie!

supplies overflowing! said...

lovely!
I thought spring was coming, and then we had snow again this morning! Luckily nothing stuck.
Hang in there- it IS around the corner!
jenny

Mary said...

Julie this is lovely! Glad to know all is well. I think sometimes we do just need to take a break.

Ruth said...

It's great to take a break and then really want to come back. Good to see you.