Thursday, July 31, 2008

my heart sings (again)


my heart sings in the garden
mixed media collage
on 9 x 9 x 3/4 solid aspen
copyright 2008 julie king

ok, that was weird. i was getting ready to type the copy that i wanted to add to the photo in the post right below this one and it just posted on its own. too weird! and it won't let me delete it. anyway, i did this little piece last night and had plans to post it today when i got home and then i saw that the creative and wonderful steviewren had tagged me with a challenge. now, what are the odds that the tag would have to do with music and singing the same as my new little piece of art??!! basically i'm to list 5 songs that i'm ashamed or embarrassed to admit that i like. hmmmmmm . . . not much of anything embarrasses me so this is a breeze. here are 4 not-too-classy, slightly hickish or just plain sappy songs that i love to sing!! plus one adorable one that i hum for days and days after jenna visits!!

country road by john denver -- for me, there's nothing like a drive along a country road with the windows down and the smell of new-mown hay in the air. wonderbar!!

lady by kenny rogers -- just love those lyrics "i'm your knight in shining armor and i love you"

cherish by the association -- brings back memories of slow dancing in junior high and that wonderful, sappy feeling of a crush

sugar by bobby sherman -- gotta love that bubble gum music!!

you are my sunshine as sung by my 3-year old granddaughter jenna!! it takes a tiny bit of prompting to get her to remember all the lyrics but it is such a joy to see and hear!

thanks, steviewren, that really was fun!!!

9 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

These brought a smile to my face! Some of them I hadn't though of in years! This was a fun little project! :)

nanatrish said...

Steviewren tagged me too and I really enjoyed your songs. I almost put You are My Sunshine. My mom used to sing that to me in the 1950's. It's a sweet song. I love your latest art piece. That is a co winky dink that you get tagged now about a music challenge.

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh, I haven't thought of "Cherish" in the looongest time!!! It was "the" song back then, wasn't it? I loved it. This was fun! :)

steviewren said...

How weird is that coincidence? And how perfect!

Oh yes, take me home country roads. Cherish is the word I use to describe you. You are my Sunshine, my only sunshine...love these choices...oh the memories these songs evoke.

Remember Along Comes Mary by the Association?

Cindy said...

i haven't heard cherish is so long, it's sweet. although i'd much rather hear your grandaughter, i sing you are my sunshine to scott sometimes and i just found this yeseterday - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13839988.

have a great weekend!

Carol B. said...

Julie, what beautiful work you have! And such a fun blog. I always adored "Cherish."
By the way, thank you so much for visiting my blog and for the encouraging words you gave me. They mean soooo much to me. How do you keep so positive? I'm trying but it's hard work! I hope one day it will come naturally to me.
With Gratitude to you,
Carol B.

Deb Neerman said...

Now, there's some oldies but goodies!

LOVE this piece, makes me smile just lookin' at it!

Have a great week!!

Mmm said...

I love your list. and I really love Country Roads by john Denver, regardless of what anyone else thinks!

Lavinia said...

I like these songs too!