Sunday, April 3, 2011




a couple new pieces i created last weekend. the top one is old pattern tissue paper crinkled up and then glued down. i added acrylic paints and pastel chalks to the top of the hard tissue paper for color, etc. for the second one i applied i thin layer of dap to the bare wood and used a pencil to draw shapes and texture in the wet dap. after it was partially dry i added all the colors.

bella and zoe and i are headed to my mom's today to clean out the shed in preparation for getting our baby chicks later this month. excited!!!

6 comments:

Christine said...

lovely work today, Julie. Thanks for sharing. The colours are so happy.

steviewren said...

Both are totally me! Both are completely springy! Both are great!

E Makes Art said...

I love these both! So fresh and springy!

xoEsther.

Oh, and I'm loving those teabag cranes in the post above!

Mary said...

Julie these are beautiful, love all the texture you create.

The goat photos are a hoot...no that's an owl!! :)

Kelly Warren said...

These are beautiful Julie! I love the texture in them. Okay, and too funny....my capcha to enter this post is "materaap" and I just posted "Mater" on my blog!

RNSANE said...

The "sweet promise" one is my favorite but they are both exquisite. It must make you feel wonderful to be so creative!