Wednesday, June 10, 2009

presley hugs


presley hugs
mixed media collage
8 x 16 x 1 canvas
(c) 2009 julie king

i fear life is getting the best of me these days, friends! i'm feeling run down and t--i--r--e--d!! work is extra busy as i battle to get all our new products photographed so the packaging can be created. i have 13 products -- car seats, travel systems and high chairs -- ready to take to the photographer over the next 2 days. i just have to battle thru even though i feel like i could sleep for 18 hours straight -- maybe more!

the above collage is a piece i worked on a week ago when i posted this about dear presley. i was feeling sad and wanted to just wrap him in my arms in the world's biggest hug. i was inspired to do this collage. it looks very little like me but i think i did presley justice. it is a work-in-progress and i'm sure i'll be revisiting some aspects of it one day soon.

presley is hanging in there quite well. the vet took him off of his prednisone and onto a strong anti-inflammatory. his appetite is better and he's been able to take a very short walk every evening. heartfelt thanks to all of you for your comments and e-mails wishing him well. they mean so much to me!!

i'm off to read and relax a bit even though i just want to go to bed!!!!!

17 comments:

Almost Precious said...

I think it's hardest when dear pets and little babies have health problems because you know there something wrong but they can't tell you how they feel or just where it hurst. All we want to do is help them and take away their pain, instead we have to stand back and pray that the doctor really knows what's wrong and can fix it. Really makes us feel so helpless. Glad Presley is feeling better. Anna

Kristy Worden said...

sounds like you're getting awfully rundown - better put yourself first and sleep! I like the lady with the dog.. I think I better go give my Harley a hug...
K

Manon said...

I agree with Kristy! You need some r & r or you'll get sick!
Love this piece!!

Tess Kincaid said...

"Presley Hugs" is a delightful likeness of both of you! Happy to hear he's feeling better.

Thanks so much for your glowing review of my little poem! :^)

steviewren said...

I love that look on Presley's face. He seems to be saying to the viewer "See how much my mama loves me." I love it.

I hope you aren't getting sick. Do take care of yourself. If the tiredness doesn't get better you should get checked out.

Shannon said...

I love how you express yourself through your art! this piece is beautiful. Having a sick pet is just so sad! Wishin Harley a speedy-er recovery!

Julie said...

oh julie! Our best work is soul-felt and this beautiful painting really speaks of that! I hope you get as many days with that sweet angel as possible. A beautiful love!!

Cindy said...

julie, this collage is terrific. you really have a knack for portraits. it's a very special piece as it features you and precious presley.

it's exhausting, but it's good you're busy at work. you'll get through this phase and go back to normal, soon. sounds like fun projects you'll be proud of later. be sure to get your rest.

lori vliegen said...

glad you took a creative moment to create something wonderful for you and Presley....i love it!! and i hope that you start feeling better soon....being so tired all the time is the pits! hang in there! :)

Christine said...

Julie, I fear you are a bit depressed. But your natural resilience will soon shine through, as everyone says...a bit of good sleep will help.

Martha Lever said...

Love your "Presley Hugs" and I am glad to hear he is feeling better!! And I hope you get your energy back real soon. Sounds like stress tired--there's nothing worse that stress tired. Zaps you for sure.

me said...

Awwww...I SO LOVE that painting!! Adore! Adore! Adore!

Thinking of you and wishing you a good day!

*hugs*

m said...

Awww, dear Presley. BUT first, before you go off to bed be sure to do your inch by in ch art--we all missed your inspiration this week.

ArtistUnplugged said...

Love the piece! I hope Presley is back to full speed very soon. Take care of yourself, hope you get caught up and get some rest soon.

Jackie said...

ou too are a dog lover. reading your post makes me realise why we love animals..dogs especially. They provide a point of constancy in the turmoil of our lives. I miss that.

Alisa Nordholt-Dean said...

What a wonderful piece...and a very loving tribute to your dear little Presley! So glad to hear that he is feeling better!

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

I think she looks like you Julie. When I first saw it I thought, hey, that lady kind of looks like Julie! So sorry to hear of your puppy problems. I'm sending Presley some "feel better" vibes.