Saturday, June 27, 2009

rejuvenated





more photos from my trip to the country last sunday. the second i spied this old car and a few others in a roadside car lot, i knew i had to stop and take pictures. as always, my hubbie was most accommodating! my interest in taking some photos of old rusty cars was spurred by photos i saw and loved in kelly's etsy shop, kelly warren photo art. hers show rusty old cars abandoned in a field and they are just stunning.

i decided my photos needed more character and so i rejuvenated them in photoshop. i love taking something old and making it new again. that's what i thought of as i added neon funk to these old relics. i'm seriously thinking about opening a second etsy shop to sell my photography so i can keep my original art and my photo art separate. more on that later, i'm sure.

lazy day here in the art studio. hubbie and presley are still sound asleep and i'm loving the peaceful serenity. off to make a pot of hot, decadent robust coffee!!

14 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Fabulous country day photos. The ones in this post remind me of concert posters of old!

I need some of that coffee you are brewing. I'm thinking I just might go back to bed for an hour or two. It is Saturday, after all!

Shannon said...

Photoshop is SO MUCH fun! I love that husbands are so understanding during our times of creativity

ArtPropelled said...

Love your rejuvenated photos and your new header as well!

Almost Precious said...

Sometimes inspiration comes as an unexpected but pleasant surprise. How wonderful to come across a old and weather worm vehicle just waiting for your camera and your artful touch.
Etsy keeps saying they are going to set things up so shops can organize their items as they wish, thus limiting the need for multiple shops...I'm still waiting !

Manon said...

These are great Julie! I don't have Photoshop but it looks like so much fun!

lori vliegen said...

you always do such fabulous stuff in photoshop! i love what you've done with this car! and, i love your idea of opening a shop for your photography! :)

Annette said...

Julie, these old car photos are wonderful! When I was a girl, my dad would drag us all over, looking for old cars. He restored them and we drove around in them. We went on family vacations in them. I brings back a lot of memories. Today my own hubby restores classic Mustangs and other muscle cars. Here is his website. www.dagostiniresorations.com
I think the idea of a new etsy for you is a great idea. The photos really are intriguing.

Kristy Worden said...

I think the second Etsy shop might be a good idea - you make some pretty interesting images with photoshop... I'd buy some if I had any money!!

Serena Lewis said...

WOW!!! Fantastic rejuvenation!

robin. said...

i came in by way of sss. i am an instant fan of your photos and words...i will be back.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

These are so neat!!

Cindy said...

the truck is glowing!

Joanna said...

Wow! The neon effects are so perfect on these images. Just gorgeous.

Bee said...

These are fantastic! I love how the funky colors play up the interesting angles. I was born in 1967 . . . so maybe that has given me a taste for the psychedelic?