Wednesday, January 5, 2011

my next project


in case you were curious, i am still lurking in the thrift store and goodwill at least once a week. i love looking thru all the old stuff and occasionally buying something. above is my latest purchase -- a china hutch. i'm guessing it is from the 70s but i could be completely wrong. it is not a high-end piece of furniture but i like the style of it and am looking forward to fixing it up a bit.

i had lunch with my mom on monday and then headed to her little barn to load up a few boxes of my misc. china and dishes i have stored there. it's been a few months since i packed it all up and honestly i'm not sure what all is in there. i thought i'd bring most of it home in anticipation of being able to display my collection in this new hutch. but, alas, after tugging, pushing, pulling, lifting and much grunting i had to give up. it seems that the barn door has settled in the ground and frozen in place. just another reason to yearn for an early spring!!

2 comments:

RNSANE said...

Well, that looks like a pretty decent find. I have to move the end of Feb from the home I've rented for 13 years....finally, after two years since my job ended, I have exhausted all my savings and cannot afford it on my retirement income. I have no idea where I'm going. Don't have first and last months rent for another place right now...will sell much of my furniture, put enough in storage for a small apartment, and see what comes up. This will be a year of change for me.

Kelly Warren said...

looks like a good find! i'm an antique store junkie. can't resist them. haven't been to too many thrift stores. i may need to try that out! happy new year to you!