Friday, March 28, 2008

life without music?


when i look back over my life i sometimes wonder what i would have done without music. it has been so very influential in my life. i love to sing although i've never really done it in public unless you count junior high choir and the times i let loose when i have my ipod on at work. :) my biggest musical influence has without doubt been the beatles. have you ever noticed that no matter what mood you're in, there's a beatles song to support it? and, if you're in a particularly low mood, there's nothing like a good lennon/mccartney melody to cheer you up. beatles music is a mainstay in my art room along with stacks of paper ready to be torn, my messy box of pastel chalks and stacks of finished and ready-to-create canvasses. while i'm at it what would life be without silly dancing to music? this habit of mine tends to annoy my husband but free spirits have just gotta move. :) the above custom canvas titled "retro guitar" was done for a co-worker as a gift for her husband. she gave me all the bands he liked and i incorporated bits of lyrics into the piece. it is one of my favorites. i welcome commissions. post a comment here or e-mail me at juliekingart@gmail.com.

No comments: