Thursday, February 11, 2010

just for today revisit



"just for today"
photographic print
(c) julie king

back in february 2009 i posted a poem titled "just for today". a couple of weekends ago i added a bit of the poem to the altered photo above to create a unique, inspirational piece of art. parts of the poem are a struggle for me to live, i must admit. i need reminders in my life to not take the people i love for granted. feeling blessed on the other hand is very easy for me. i find joy everywhere and never hesitate to say how very blessed i am. the hardest part is learning to want less. i'm not talking about material things, although i am truly blessed in that area as well. i'm talking about more living, more sunshine, more time with loved ones. it never seems to be enough for me. that feeling always has me longing to retire and spend my time being creative and giving back to the world. i need to remind myself to live "just for today" and not longing for what i can't have right now. 

not to self:  practice what you preach!

"just for today" photographic print is available in my etsy shop.

5 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Another great print, Julie. I think we all need to remind ourselves to live in the moment or "just for today".

Kelly Warren said...

this is beautiful julie. and definitely words to live by. i need to follow the "practice what you preach" rule all the time too!

steviewren said...

Julie, you are an inspiration in yourself. Like you, I find myself wishing to retire. There is so much I want to do. So much. I have a hard time being content with my life as it is in the here and now.

ArtistUnplugged said...

Wonderful print and touching words...always easy to say, much more challenging to live!

Cindy said...

your poems suit your photographs so perfectly. you do quite a bit, but i suppose you have lots of ideas running through your head and want to do more. you will. enjoy your weekend!