Monday, April 21, 2008

make mine caffeine!!


i'm learning that i have to take all things in moderation at this stage of my life. i used to be quite a sun goddess but now diligently wear sunscreen and limit my exposure. staying up to 3 am 2 to 3 times a week to craft or read has been cut back to friday or saturday night only. eating spicy foods every day has now become an occasional indulgence. but my biggest cut back has been in my consumption of caffeine. all the years that i was a single mother working 2 jobs and trying to be super mom, i practically lived on iced tea -- full brew, full jolt, by the gallon! too much caffeine now makes me anxious and not all pleasurable to be around. plus, i simply can't sleep after 2 to 3 glasses of the stuff and then am in a hazy funk for the next 2 days. so, i try really hard to stay off the caffeinated variety or drink water instead. it's a drag but i just keep reminding myself . . . moderation, moderation, moderation!

the photo above is of my original mixed media canvas called "make mine caffeine!". it is 30" x 40" x 1 1/2" gallery wrapped canvas -- all torn paper collage, no paint. it is the very first large format canvas i created. it is for sale. please let me know your interest.

2 comments:

P.S. Original said...

Thanks for looking at my blog! Your collages look like paper mosaics...just wonderful!

XUE said...

Yes, this does look like a mosiac art & I actually have a (mosiac) piece that looks very similiar to this! Beautiful work, julie!