Sunday, April 27, 2008

pussy willow vase


this is the commission i just completed to coordinate with the "blue flowers serenade" 14 x 14 original mentioned in my blog below. this one is 12" x 24" and hopefully pammie will love it. i was very pleased with the way it turned out. i love the blue and brown combination so much and will be doing some additional pieces in this style soon.

i am enjoying a bit of peace and quiet after having my granddaughter jenna for the weekend. we have so much fun together and she is such a whirlwind of energy. at 3 she is very interested in everything in my art room. her favorite thing is my box of oil pastels. today she discovered my box of pastel chalks which were quite messy but she thought they were grand.

jenna's parents, my son matt, amaris and layla came for lunch which was fun. everyone wanted to play on my new mac, check out all the latest canvasses and put in bids for what art they want me to create for them. it looks like my "unemployment" period will be very busy. and that is exactly how i want it. i sent matt home with my "crane in cattails" canvas as he really wanted it and i did not want to sell it and then have to create a similar one for matt.

only three more days of getting up and going to my current job. big sigh!

5 comments:

Kylie Bowers said...

Wow that is beautiful I love your art work.
I have a 3 year old son who is always very interested in my crochet work, I will have to teach him when hes a little older.

julie king said...

Thanks, Kylie! Yes, it will be nice to pass the crochet legacy on to your son!! Take care!

Ms Dragonfly said...

this is just beautiful, i love it so!

Tess Kincaid said...

Hi Julie, your art is lovely. My thoughts are with you concerning your job. I'm glad the Braley poem was meaningful to you. Thanks for stopping by the manor and hope to see you again soon!

Pam Lowe said...

I absolutely love my canvases and will treasure them and remember my wonderful friend everytime I look at them.
I will miss you but I know that you are on to bigger and greater things. I wish only the best for you, you truly are a very special person.

your friend, pammie